Support Advisor | Paraplanner
Position title: Support Advisor | Paraplanner
Step into an instrumental role. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced—and friendly—wealth management office. Work as an employee of an independent wealth management firm affiliated with Ameriprise Financial.
The successful candidate will possess excellent customer service and organizational skills along with a high level of competence with Microsoft Office programs, Salesforce and social media. A positive attitude and a desire to have a positive impact on people a must.
The Support Advisor | Paraplanner position is an entry/mid-level position for licensed individuals which requires demonstrated competence within the areas of trading, financial planning, client services, and administrative support within the Financial Services field. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing a client seminar.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation – Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attend meetings with lead advisor, take notes and prepare post-meeting summary email.
• Prepare meeting decks for client investment and financial planning reviews.
• Prepare charts, graphs, tables, and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients.
• Complete client trades and money movement requests timely and accurately.
• Answer client inquiries and provides readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts.
• Run insurance and investment proposals as needed.
• Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies; implements them when appropriate.
• Responsible for the review of all client meetings to ensure all follow-up is completed. This includes trades, applications, compliance signatures, deliverables from or to the client and miscellaneous items as determined by Advisor or client expectations.
Key Traits of a Successful Paraplanner
• Direct attention to detail and organization
• Effective communication with lead advisor, clients and other team members
• Effective and efficient time management
• Polite and clear phone manner
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial
• Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice
• Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
Education and Other Designations:
• College degree or higher
• 2+ years of similar experience
Already have or be able to study for and pass exams for federal and state licenses and registrations for securities, including
Series 7, Series 66, and NY Life, Accident and Health insurance licenses
Applicants can reach out to Marianne Lauer. Marianne’s e-mail is email@example.com